K3020 Dual VCO
Samples consist of the K3020 Dual VCO, Kilpatrick Audio custom-designed
envelope generator, VCA and reverb/delay. The result was sampled by a
Yamaha 01v mixer and recorded digitally. No filters or other sound processing
was done to the audio.
CV and modulation sources include the K4815 Pattern Generator, K1600 MIDI Converter,
a Doepfer LFO as well as the K3020 internal crossmod controls.
- Tonal Demo 1 - Several short clips of K3020 playing melodies. Blend and pulse modulation is used. The K4815 generates a sequence on one VCO while a solo is played on the other.
- Poly Seq - Polyphonic sequences with both VCO channels. K4815 generates the CV/gate and external MIDI control is used to transpose the pattern.
- Square Wave FMod - Using the K4815 to frequency mod VCO2 while VCO1 sweeps the PWM slowly.
- Unison Detuned - Both VCOs use the same CV input and the oscillators are slightly detuned. The K4815 provides the sequence.
- Crossmod Demo - Various pitch, PWM and blend mods, plus SYNC mode experiments.
- Low Freak - A low frequency modulation of VCO2 with VCO1. (the very low bass requires big speakers or headphones)
- Experimental Sounds - Several short clips of K3020 doing various cross modulation things.
K4815 Pattern Generator
Here are a few test clips that were made during K4815 development that demonstrate
the machine driving modular synths:
- Test 1 - An early K4815 prototype driving Andrew's
prototype Kilpatrick Audio modular synth. (VCO, ADSR, VCA, reverb, no filter)
- Test Random - A production prototype K4815
testing its random mode driving a Doepfer A-111-5 mini synth module.
These samples were recorded with a Gibson Les Paul Studio played through a Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp. The amp was mic'd with two AKG C535 microphones. The internal reverb in the amp was disconnected. The Lush Puppy was patched into the effects loop.
These samples were recorded with a Gibson Les Paul Studio played through a Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp. The amp was mic'd with two AKG C535 microphones. The internal reverb in the amp was disconnected. The Echo Centric was patched into the effects loop.
These samples were recorded with a Fender Telecaster Highway One played through the Vibro Man and Lush Puppy (for a bit of reverb) into a VOX AC4TV amplifier. The amp was mic'd with one AKG C535 microphone.
These samples were recorded with a Steinberger Synapse played through the Chora Lush into a VOX AC4TV amplifier. The amp was mic'd with one AKG C535 microphone.